The Wild Bunch 1969 DVD
Please note this is a region 2 DVD and will require a region 2 (Europe) or region Free DVD Player in order to play.
Nine men who came too late and stayed too long!
This Original Director's Cut restores it to a complete, pristine condition unseen since its July 1969 theatrical debut. The image is letterboxed, the colour renewed, the stereo soundtrack remixed and reintegrated – all to blood-and-thunder effect. Watch William Holden, Earnet Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Warren Oates and more great stars saddle up for the roles of a lifetime.
This DVD also features (on Side B) the home video debut of The Wild Bunch: An Album in Montage, the Academy Award nominated 1996 documentary by Paul Seydor and Nick Redman. It includes long-unseen footage of the on-set shooting and reminiscences by principals connected with the film.
The year is 1913, just one year short of World War 1. Disguised as U.S. soldiers, a gang rides into a Texas border town. Silently, they enter and rob the railroad company, but an ambush lies in wait.
When the gang emerges, the company's hired gunmen open fire. Men, women, and children are caught in the crossfire. The gang escape to their hideout in the desert where they find that the loot they fought so hard is worthless. With the railroad company hard on their heels, the gang, lead by Pike, head for the apparent safety of the Mexican revolutionaries and representatives of the ruling Government. As a result of these separate meetings, Pike and his gang are forced to re-examine the principles that had, until then, ruled their lives.
- Actors William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Warren Oates, Ben Johnson, Strother Martin, Jaime Sanchez, L.Q. Jones, Bo Hopkins, Dub Taylor, Emilio Fernandez, Paul Harper, Albert Dekker & Edmond O'Brien
- Director Sam Peckinpah
- Certificate 18 years and over
- Year 1969
- Screen Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic
- Languages English – Dolby Digital (5.1)
- Subtitles English ; Arabic ; English for the heard of hearing
- Duration 2 hours 18 minutes (approx)