A.I. Artificial Intelligence 2001 2 disc set DVD
Please note this is a region 2 DVD and will require a region 2 (Europe) or region Free DVD Player in order to play.
'Artificial Intelligence' is the story of David (Haley Joel Osment), the first mecha (a futuristic term for a mechanized human being) designed with the ability to love. A couple whose son is in a coma "adopts" David to help them recover from their loss. Naturally, things do not go as planned, and David is forced to leave the mother (Frances O'Connor) he's been "imprinted" to love, and make his way in the world. Traveling with Teddy, a hi-tech stuffed bear, David escapes the Flesh Fair, where angry humans destroy mechas to "purge artificiality," and unexpectedly befriends Gigolo Joe (Jude Law), a robot designed to pleasure women. Joe agrees to help David in his quest to become human.
Director Stanley Kubrick originally developed A.I., at one point asking Spielberg to direct it. When Kubrick passed away, Spielberg took the reins. Using a treatment and thousands of drawings commissioned by Kubrick, Spielberg wrote his own screenplay (his first since 1979's 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind').
- Documentary on How A.I. Artificial Intelligence Was Brought to the Screen
- Featurette on Production Design from Original Conceptual Drawings to Building of Sets
- Interviews with Steven Spielberg, Haley Joel Osment, and Jude Law
- Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes on the Design, Lighting and Costumes
- Development and Creation of Robots of A.I. Including Visit to Stan Winston Studios
- Creation of SFX on Set with Effects Supervisor Michael Lantieri
- Interviews with Dennis Muren and Scott Farrar of Industrial Light And Magic
- A Visit to Skywalker Sound
- Conversation with John Williams about Scoring A.I.
- Storyboard Sequences
- Production Drawings
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
Haley Joel Osment, Jude Law, Frances O'Connor, Jake Thomas, Brendan Gleeson, William Hurt, Sam Robards, Adam Scott, Kathryn Morris, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Clara Bellar, Keith Campbell & Miguel Perez
Director Steven Spielberg
Certificate 12 years and over
Screen Widescreen 1.85:1 Anamorphic
Languages English – Dolby Digital (6.1) EX
Additional Languages French ; Italian
Arabic ; Bulgarian ; Dutch ; English ; English for the hearing impaired ; French ; German ; Italian ; Italian ; Portuguese ; Romanian ; Spanish
Duration 2 hours and 20 minutes (approx)