Steel Diver Game 3DS
Please Note: 3DS titles are not compatible with standard Nintendo DS consoles
Steel Diver was originally a tech demo for Nintendo DS; it has since been redeveloped for Nintendo 3DS. Steel Diver is a 3D action game in which the player takes control of a submarine and guides it through three different types of stages: Missions, in which the player navigates an obstacle course and must get the submarine to complete certain objectives; Periscope Strike, in which the player uses the motion sensors of the Nintendo 3DS to locate enemy ships and sink them; and Steel Commander, where the player must use strategy to locate enemy ships and try to sink them.
The game uses the Touch Screen in novel ways for each mode; there is simulation of the inside of a submarine with levers and switches to control the vessel for Mission and Periscope Strike modes.
The player can also share the game with another by using Download Play; this opens up Steel Commander into a 2- Player experience.
Steel Diver is an action-packed submarine combat game from Nintendo that immerses players in amazing 3D environments. Branching paths, split-second decisions and attacks from enemy ships make for a thrilling undersea adventure. The mix of 3D game play and one-of-a-kind controls-using the gyroscope and touch screen of the Nintendo 3DS system-makes for an unique combination that must be experienced to be believed.
- Unique Touch Screen controls for each mode
- Control a submarine to fight sea battles in 3D
- Battle friends in Steel Commander mode using Download Play
- Use motion controls to find enemy ships via periscope
- The three modes in the game are:
- Missions: Players manipulate control panels on the touch screen to control the sub's speed, depth and pitch, and to fire torpedoes as they make their way toward the end of each level. If the sub takes damage and starts taking on water, players can use the stylus on the touch screen to stop the leak. There is also a time attack mode that challenges the player to get through levels as quickly as possible
- Periscope Strike: The gyroscope for the Nintendo 3DS system allows players to control the periscope view by rotating their bodies. Players use the touch screen to fire a well-placed torpedo and take enemies out
- Steel Commander: In this two-player strategy mode, a local wireless connection pits player against player. The game is a top-down, turn-based "chess-like" game that puts players in command of a fleet of ships and a sub. Once players locate a ship, they enter Periscope Mode and blast it out of the water
- There are three submarines in the game to correspond with three different difficulty levels