Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Charcoal Fabric UK Plug
- Our most popular smart speaker: now with a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Voice control your music: stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible.
- Bigger, better sound: pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help: ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices and more.
- Connect with others: call almost anyone hands free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only), other Echo devices, Alexa app and Skype. Link your Vodafone account to make and receive mobile calls. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Use another speaker: connect to your own speakers over Bluetooth or with a 3.5 mm audio cable.
- Alexa has skills: with tens of thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games and more.
- Voice control your smart home: turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices.
Our most popular Echo is now even better. With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa that’s perfect for any room. Just ask for music, news, information and more. You can also call almost anyone, and control compatible smart home devices with your voice.
Use your voice to play a song, artist or genre through Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and others. With compatible Echo devices in different rooms, you can fill your whole home with music. Also listen to Audible and radio stations, or pair with Fire TV to voice-control films and entertainment.
Make your life easier at home. Use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, or create calendar events and reminders. You can also check the news, weather or traffic, or ask for sports scores, cinema listings, restaurant hours or information.
Switch on the lamp before getting out of bed or dim the lights from the sofa to watch a film—all without lifting a finger. Control multiple devices with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights at night.
Connect with others
You can call almost anyone hands-free, including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only. Emergency calling not supported), other Echo devices, the Alexa app and Skype.
You can also link Alexa with your mobile phone account to ask Alexa to make and answer your mobile calls (Vodafone UK).
With the Drop In feature enabled for room-to-room calling, quickly connect with Echo devices in your home. Let your household know when dinner is ready, ask someone for help with a chore or remind the kids to go to sleep—without having to raise your voice
Stock up with Alexa
When you are running low on household essentials, Alexa makes it easy to refill your fridge or replenish your pantry. You can add everything from AA batteries to zucchini noodles to your shopping list, reorder favourite products from Amazon, or ask Alexa the status of your recent orders.
Alexa has skills
Alexa has tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more, such as playing True or False, tracking your fitness with Fitbit or falling asleep to rain sounds. Create your own personal skills and custom responses with Alexa Skill Blueprints. Just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills”.
Designed to protect your privacy
Alexa and Echo devices are built with multiple layers of privacy protection. For example, Echo Dot has a Microphone Off button that electronically disconnects the microphones. You also have control over your voice recordings. You can view, hear or delete them at any time.